Nissan Enters Web 3.0 in Collaboration with Animoca’s Grease Monkey Games
Nissan Motor Company celebrated its transition to Web 3.0 through collaboration with Grease Monkey Games. Grease Monkey Games is an Australian-based videogame studio and subsidiary of Animoca.
Grease Monkey Games will launch variants of Nissan (OTC:) Cars as playable NFTs in its upcoming motorsport title ‘Torque Drift 2.’ The game will host Nissan’s first Web 3.0 experience featuring licensed ‘Nissan’, ‘NISMO’, ‘Infiniti’, and ‘Datsun’ NFTs.
The historic collaboration between the Japanese automaker and Grease Monkey Games is part of Animoca Brands’ mission to catalyze Web 3.0 adoption by helping institutions and industry giants to establish their brands in the Web 3.0 space.
We are thrilled to announce a historic industry cooperation and partnership between our subsidiary @GMGStudios & @Nissan Motor Company, Japan. Read the full announcement: https://t.co/gqBBM8sVdu#web3 #gaming #metaverse
— Animoca Brands (@animocabrands) October 27, 2022
Nissan: Nissan’s Latest Automaker Will Move to Web 3.0
Nissan will be the next major automaker to move to Web 3.0 after Ford. Ford had previously filed trademark applications for its various car brands. This indicated that it was planning to establish a Web3.0 presence.
Here are some details about Nissan’s migration into Web 3.0:
- Torque Drift 2 (Play to Earn) is a motorsport game that features interactive NFTs. It was developed by Grease Monkey Games. The game will be Animoca Brands’ latest REVV Motorsport ecosystem expansion and will host Nissan’s first Web 3.0 experience.
- Grease Monkey Games, Nissan and the Japanese company Torque Drift 2 have planned to release 15 unique Nissan models over the next twelve months. The collection will be inaugurated with the release of five variants from the ‘180SX’ models, including ‘Sil80’, and seven variants from the ‘370z’ model, including the ‘50th-anniversary’ edition.
- Torque Drift 2 seeks to make motorsport more environmentally friendly by utilizing Polygon, a climate-friendly Blockchain network.
- Grease Monkey Games will work closely with Nissan to ensure that the NFTs accurately reflect the real model. Nissan will give Grease Monkey Games access 3D renders of their models and specifications to ensure accuracy.
Urvit Goel, head of global games business development at Polygon Studios, shared his excitement by lauding Nissan’s Web 3.0 entry. He called Torque Drift 2 one the most significant implementations blockchain and NFT technology that a major global brand has seen.
Arran Potter, the founder and managing director of Grease Monkey Games, celebrated Nissan’s legacy and influence in drifting and motorsport. He added that he’s committed to ensuring Nissan carries out its legacy through Torque Drift 2.
Nissan It expressed its desire to be a part the Torque Drift Franchise and is certain that Torque Drift 2’s Interactive racing will continue to build on the legacy of its predecessor. Torque Drift 1.
- Torque Drift 2 announced the release of some game features during Q3 2022, and a full release in 2020. However, no other details about the game have been released since Q2 2022.
- With recent delays, there’s no clear indication of when the game will be released. This is despite Grease Monkey Games’ claims of releasing in 2024.
Why You Should Care
Nissan Collaborating with Animoca Brs and Grease Monkey Games This is a significant milestone in the Web 3.0 space. This milestone is significant in preparing for mass adoption. Additionally, Nissan’s Include in Torque Drift 2 Official licensees will authenticate collectibles and the ecosystem of the video game.
Check out the transition of other automakers to Web 3.0
Ford to Enter the Metaverse With Virtual Cars and NFTs